Illustration Friday: Twirl

24 Jan

Here is my Illustration Friday submission for the topic ‘Twirl.’  Right now I feel like life is a twirling whirlwind.

SCBWI will be really great this weekend, but there’s still so much to finish up — mostly non-SCBWI related like choral evensong, but still important.  I mapped out the workshops to attend.  I finally decided about laptop versus a paper journal — bring both!  I know I’ll want to sketch (on paper), but I’ll also want to check out author and illustrator blogs and websites.  No fun waiting around to do that!  I hope to see some of you there!

Thanks for visiting and please leave a comment.  The image above is also posted on my website WinsomeWays.com.

Copyright ©2012.  Adrienne May and WinsomeWays, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.

8 Responses to “Illustration Friday: Twirl”

1. Abby Tuesday,Jan 24, 2012 at 8:41 PM #

Nice job Adrienne! You got the proportions and movement down. Is this pen and ink with watercolor? Digital? I can’t tell for sure.

• Adrienne May Wednesday,Jan 25, 2012 at 7:49 AM #

Thanks Abby. This is pen and ink for the figure. The text is digital. Thanks for the encouragement.

2. Anne Wednesday,Jan 25, 2012 at 6:00 AM #

Good feeling of movement! ❤

3. Adrienne May Wednesday,Jan 25, 2012 at 7:52 AM #

Thanks Anne! There were so many options for ‘Twirl’ so choosing one was challenging. I’m glad you liked this one.

4. davidjernigan Friday,Jan 27, 2012 at 1:58 AM #

Good idea to use an ice skater to convey the topic of “twirl”. Their performances involve a great deal of twirling.

• Adrienne May Friday,Jan 27, 2012 at 3:43 AM #

Hi David. Glad you liked this post. I remember seeing Michelle Kwan skate her first Olympics plus Scott Hamilton doing perfect figures. Mainly because of their finesse coupled with the great sportsmanship they’ve always exhibited that I’ve really enjoyed watching this sport.

5. Antonella Saturday,Jan 28, 2012 at 10:28 AM #

I like the way your illustration lifts off the page. Really great work!

• Adrienne May Saturday,Jan 28, 2012 at 10:19 PM #

Hello Antonella. I really pleasee you like this image. It’s not one that I was confident about. I hope to find time to develop it further, but realize that may not happen. Oh well….