Illustration Friday: Popularity

13 Feb

Here is my Illustration Friday submission for the topic ‘Popularity.’

IllusFriday20120210_PopularityThe New Testament account of the life of Jesus Christ details how he went from immense acclaim on Palm Sunday — crowds gave him the traditional reception reserved for a king — to being condemned and crucified like the most despised criminal in less than one week (Good Friday).

Thanks for visiting and I hope you will leave a comment.

Copyright ©2012.  Adrienne May and WinsomeWays, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.

10 Responses to “Illustration Friday: Popularity”

1. Abby Monday,Feb 13, 2012 at 8:38 PM #

Great depiction, Adrienne! Pen and ink?

• Adrienne May Tuesday,Feb 14, 2012 at 12:14 AM #

Thank you Abby. Yes, this is pen and ink using a rapidograph.

2. RuthBurrows (@RBdandi) Monday,Feb 13, 2012 at 11:19 PM #

Nice style and subject

• Adrienne May Tuesday,Feb 14, 2012 at 12:15 AM #

Thank you very much. I’m pleased that you appreciate this image.

3. bunnyplanet Saturday,Feb 18, 2012 at 11:00 PM #

This is absolutely beautiful. I love gesture of the guy waving. Is there any way to post it bigger? I would really love to see the details.

4. Adrienne May Monday,Feb 20, 2012 at 8:40 AM #

Hello BunnyPlanet. Thanks for your response to this post. No, there is no way to view a larger image other than viewing the original. I made this image with a technical pen (Koh-N-Noor rapidograph) using various nib sizes (0.13 mm to 1.2 mm) on Canson C a Gran 85 lb. paper (9″ x 12″).

5. elenacaravela Thursday,Mar 1, 2012 at 9:32 AM #

I missed your illo last week. I’m glad I caught up with it, because it’s very good!

• Adrienne May Thursday,Mar 1, 2012 at 10:36 AM #

Thanks Elena. I appreciate your support. It’s a challenge to keep all life’s balls in the air. 🙂

6. Helga Pearson (@helgapearson) Friday,Mar 23, 2012 at 10:16 AM #

Oh my goodness, this is super Adrienne! You should post it on the Wiggio group, I’m sure Mark’s crowd would love to see this! Fantastic job.

• Adrienne May Saturday,Mar 24, 2012 at 9:38 AM #

Hello Helga. Thanks for checking out this post and for the encouragement. I’ll be back on wiggio soon, and also IF. I have been following you on wiggio and your blog, and have been very inspired by your PB’s and digital artistry accomplishments. All the best to you!